Team development is a recurring theme for all executives. The key question is: which framework conditions do your employees need so that they can perform at their best on a regular basis and how can such a framework be created? We help you to identify the necessary steps and to master the challenges during implementation.
Team development: transforming loosely-knit working groups into efficient teams
In order for working groups to develop into well functioning teams, employees need stable, clear and reliable framework conditions in which they can operate. These include:
The basics required for efficient, high-performance teams to emerge
Team development therefore focuses on topics on a factual level (work processes, goal orientation) and on a relationship level (assuming responsibility, ability to deal with conflict, leadership exercised by the executives).
Team development thus creates the basis that serves to avoid constant irritation in the course of collaboration and that enables the classic motivators to become effective.
Team development is therefore a classic management task. Well-functioning teams can thus be rated as a characteristic of successful leadership.
Typical situations for team development workshops
Team development often proves helpful in the following situations:
- A manager takes over a new team and wants to
- A new team is founded. Goals, tasks, roles, processes and the “rules of the game” for cooperation have to be defined.
- New employees join a team. The team development cycle starts again: team members unconsciously negotiate roles and status with each other.
- The tasks and goals of the team/department are changing.
- There are some topical challenges in the working relationship. There are “issues” or “areas of friction” that need to be dealt with so that conflicts do not escalate and cooperation can function smoothly once again.
- A number of fundamental topics have accumulatedthat are relevant for all team members and from the processing of which new norms, rules or goals can arise for the team.
Team check as the basis for change-measures
Team development topics:
- Goals, strategies and considerations regarding the future
- Team typology: role behaviour in the team
- The “secret rules of the game”
- Dealing with mistakes
- Expectations and wishes in the relationship between the company management, the team management and the team itself
- Team cooperation
- The effect our attitude has on ourselves and others
- How to strengthen team skills – and develop team spirit
- Conflict resolution
- Team visions and goals
- External contacts – interface communication
In our team development seminars, you will achieve the following goals:
- Responsibilities in the team are clarified
- Conflicts in the team are named and are being processed or, ideally, have already been resolved
- Management knows the needs and individual motivators of the team members and takes them into account when assigning tasks
- The interfaces and internal “customer/supplier relationships” are clearly defined and negotiated with everyone
- Everyone is “in the right place”, i.e. tasks are fairly distributed according to skills, inclinations and time resources
- The members of a team can take control of themselves and their common tasks
- The team members feel accepted and needed
- Team members see a sense in what you do
- The team members primarily recognize conflicts as an opportunity for joint development, in a sense as another type of task to be dealt with
- The team members have learned to resolve conflicts among themselves constructively and productively and to learn from them
- The team identifies its work and learning tasks independently. The role of the manager changes from “helmsman” to coach, consultant and supervisor. This can be recognized regularly by the fact that teams function well in normal everyday work even without a manager.
Team development – the benefit
With team development and team coaching you sustainably improve collaboration and performance in your team. Among other things, you will
Central approaches in our team development workshops
- Work on central questions regarding the future, on goals and strategies in relation to joint work
- Clarification and improvement of cooperation. Which issues are burdensome, what are the causes, and what the possible solutions?
- Role and task clarification in emerging teams: when new project groups are created, or new departments are founded, or existing teams and organizations are expanded
Our approach in preparing and facilitating team development workshops
- Detailed preparatory discussion with the team management
- Possibly additional telephone interviews with 2-3 other team members in order to include alternative perspectives in the preparation process
- Reflection of the central statements to the team management (anonymized)
- Coordinating goals and indicators for the success of the team development
- Development and coordination of a workshop process
- Implementation and evaluation
Our team development approach is based on the findings of systems and motivation theory. All team development methods used by us have been scientifically tested and verified.
>Facilitation of team development workshops and seminars
Verbesserung der Zusammenarbeit im Team
Sie möchten die Zusammenarbeit in Ihrem Team verbessern und suchen kompetente und erfahrene Beratung dazu?
Further articles on our team development approach
These articles illustrate some of the possible approaches in our team development workshops.
However, we always carefully adapt the content and topics of the workshops to your particular case. Ask us if your concern does not appear here yet. This list is only a small selection of the workshops we offer.