BarCamp and Open Space training methods
“BarCamp” and “Open Space” are large-group methods used in groups with a large number of participants to
Difference between BarCamp and Open Space
The format “BarCamp” is especially suitable for the exchange of knowledge and experience. The setting of an “Open Space” conference additionally allows for the development of action plans and strategies.
Both methods are suitable for numbers of between 12 and 1000 people.
Details on the procedures can be obtained here:
Many participants are wondering about the Open Space method and BarCamps:
Our BarCamp and Open Space trainings
In our BarCamp and Open Space trainings you learn
For whom is the training suitable?
The training is aimed at anyone who is interested in using the large-group format “BarCamp” and the very similar large-group method “Open Space”. Our participants come from a variety of different sectors and different careers: trainers, trade fair organizers, advisors, specialist employees, executives, software developers…
Anyone can and should take part,
Our training approach
Our BarCamp and Open Space trainings are always tailored to the previous knowledge and the background of the participants. As a first impression of how your individual training may look like, here is a first “rough overview”:
- Intensive input
- In-depth discussion
- Evaluation and transfer into your own professional field
- Exercises: implementing a training “BarCamp” (“practical application”)
- Participants take on different roles and can thus “experiment”
- >–> “Learning by doing”
- Observations and learning experiences
- Collect and answer any questions
- Answers and essential findings are visualized on a flip chart (>–> photo log)
- Fields of application
- When is this method appropriate, when not?
- Similar methods
- Which variation for what purpose
- Consolidation: examples of practical application
- Transfer: development of a common schedule and “step by step” visualization of the planned event
- Consolidation of the training content
- Transfer against the background of a first “own” event
Our training is based on the “action learning” approach
- Condensed input
- Clear and easily understandable
- Discussion and consolidation
- Enrichment through contributions by the participants
- Clarification of comprehension questions
- Interactive learning setting
- Practical exercises based on “real-life scenarios”
- “Learning by doing”
- Reflection and evaluation
- Variations and suggestions for improvement
- Capturing and visualizingessential insights
- Download of the learning materialsand all documentation as well as “live” flip charts of the training from our secure document platform
Noch nicht überzeugt? Testen Sie uns in einem kostenfreien Erstgespräch:
- Wir wir erörtern gemeinsam Ihre Herausforderung
- Wir zeigen Lösungswege auf
- Bei weiterführendem Interesse erstellen wir ein Grob-Konzept
- Kalkulation der anfallenden Kosten
Hier bekommen Sie die Informationen, die Sie brauchen:
Unser Angebot in Grossgruppenmoderation
Sie planen eine Grossgruppen-Konferenz und brauchen kompetente und erfahrene Unterstützung?
Excellent! 1.6 as feedback score [with 1 the highest and 6 the lowest possible score] awarded by the workshop participants - I hope we will continue the constructive and very pleasant cooperation!
I have only received positive feedback on your training. The content was very practical and everyone also found the structure of the seminar very good!
Your expertise scored 9.5 out of a possible 10, your delivery scored 8.8, and the learning climate scored 9.7. Top result!
Thank you for the valuable insights into your practical work and the many tips and facilitation tricks that gave a lively insight into method implementation.
Thank you very much for your excellent training course. You triggered many thought processes in me!
The seminar was very helpful and the results will be with me for weeks and months.
Rarely received such a well-structured seminar with excellent content.
I learned very much in your seminar. It was exactly the right mix between theory, inspiration and transfer. Hence from me, 9 out of 10 points!
The method training was very helpful. We can highly recommend initio Consulting for future seminars.
We are all thrilled with your seminar. My very warm thanks to you. I have now implemented the first impulses and I can already feel the first successes. I look forward to further exploration… "