BarCamp and Open Space training methods
“BarCamp” and “Open Space” are large-group methods used in groups with a large number of participants to
- develop action plans,
- exchange knowledge,
- develop strategies
Difference between BarCamp and Open Space
The format “BarCamp” is especially suitable for the exchange of knowledge and experience. The setting of an “Open Space” conference additionally allows for the development of action plans and strategies.
Both methods are suitable for numbers of between 12 and 1000 people.
Details on the procedures can be obtained here:
Many participants are wondering about the Open Space method and BarCamps:
- How to ensure that all participants contribute their topics?
- How can I make sure that everyone feels as comfortable as possible and that they experience the typical “BarCamp feeling”?
- What should be considered during preparation and implementation?
- Which infrastructure and “support systems” are needed on site?
- In which cases is the method appropriate – and when would other methods be preferable?
Our BarCamp and Open Space trainings
In our BarCamp and Open Space trainings you learn
- how to prepare the event well and plan it thoroughly
- what needs to be considered regarding the invitation and during the planning phase
- which individual steps make a BarCamp and what is of crucial importance in each phase
- how to navigate the event confidently and how to provide the “common thread”
- how to arm and prepare yourself well
- how to deal well and confidently with unexpected situations (and yes, you can learnthat!)
- … and what else there is to consider before you organise your first successful BarCamp event.
For whom is the training suitable?
The training is aimed at anyone who is interested in using the large-group format “BarCamp” and the very similar large-group method “Open Space”. Our participants come from a variety of different sectors and different careers: trainers, trade fair organizers, advisors, specialist employees, executives, software developers…
Anyone can and should take part,
- who would like to be able to use the method confidently.
- Previous experience is not required.
- All trainings are carried out as “in-house trainings” for existing groups.
- Upon request, we issue participation certificates.
This is what you will learn in our Open Space/BarCamp training:
- What is a BarCamp/Open Space event?
Step by step
procedure Phases of the event format
- Differences between both methods
Differentiation and thus in-depth understanding of the fields of application
Details to consider during preparation
Proven format for preparatory workshops
- Procedure and implementation
Setting up and use of space
Useful attitudes and tips for facilitators
- Success factors, pitfalls and stumbling blocks
- How to ensure participantnetworking
- Tips & tricks for better successby experienced practitioners
Generate enough topics
- Various methods to share and continue to utilize the results of the working groups
- Combination with other event formats
Important aspects to consider
- Individualcoaching for the preparation and implementation of a specific event
Our training approach
Our BarCamp and Open Space trainings are always tailored to the previous knowledge and the background of the participants. As a first impression of how your individual training may look like, here is a first “rough overview”:
- Intensive input
- In-depth discussion
- Evaluation and transfer into your own professional field
- Exercises: implementing a training “BarCamp” (“practical application”)
- Participants take on different roles and can thus “experiment”
- >–> “Learning by doing”
- Observations and learning experiences
- Collect and answer any questions
- Answers and essential findings are visualized on a flip chart (>–> photo log)
- Fields of application
- When is this method appropriate, when not?
- Similar methods
- Which variation for what purpose
- Consolidation: examples of practical application
- Transfer: development of a common schedule and “step by step” visualization of the planned event
- Consolidation of the training content
- Transfer against the background of a first “own” event
Our training is based on the “action learning” approach
- Condensed input
- Clear and easily understandable
- Discussion and consolidation
- Enrichment through contributions by the participants
- Clarification of comprehension questions
- Interactive learning setting
- Practical exercises based on “real-life scenarios”
- “Learning by doing”
- Reflection and evaluation
- Variations and suggestions for improvement
- Capturing and visualizingessential insights
- Download of the learning materialsand all documentation as well as “live” flip charts of the training from our secure document platform
- All participants will receive the training documentation as a handoutand/or as a digital download.
- All findingsfrom the training are recorded, visualized and are also part of the documentation.
- Learning from experienced practitionersOur trainers are experienced professionals and large-group facilitators
- Confident application of both formatsGain a lot of practice by doing it yourself
- Theory and practiceYou will get to know the diverse and substantial fields of application of both methods
- Practice on real life scenariosYou will gain confidence and acquire a degree of practice
- Individual coaching of methodsYou can contribute your own scenarios
- Sustainable expansion of your method spectrumAll questions are answered in a practical way
- Interactive, dynamic learning settingPracticing the essential processes and individual steps
Noch nicht überzeugt? Testen Sie uns in einem kostenfreien Erstgespräch:
- Wir wir erörtern gemeinsam Ihre Herausforderung
- Wir zeigen Lösungswege auf
- Bei weiterführendem Interesse erstellen wir ein Grob-Konzept
- Kalkulation der anfallenden Kosten
Hier bekommen Sie die Informationen, die Sie brauchen:
Unser Angebot in Grossgruppenmoderation
Sehr gut! 1,6 als Feedback-Note der Workshop-Teilnehmer - ich hoffe, wir setzen die konstruktive und sehr angenehme Zusammenarbeit fort!
Ich habe nur positives Feedback zur Ihrem Training erhalten. Die Inhalte waren sehr praxisrelevant und alle fanden auch den Aufbau des Seminars sehr gut!
Ihr Fachwissen erhielt 9,5 (von 10 möglichen Punkten), Ihre Vermittlung 8,8 und das Lernklima 9,7 Punkten. Top!
Danke für die wertvollen Einblicke in Ihre praktische Arbeit und die vielen Tipps und Moderationstricks, die einen lebendigen Einblick in die Methodenumsetzung gegeben haben.
Vielen Dank für die tolle Fortbildung. Sie haben in mir viele Denkprozesse angeregt!
Selten so ein gut strukturiertes und super inhaltlich ausgestaltetes Seminar erhalten.
In Ihrem Seminar habe ich sehr viel gelernt. Es war genau die richtige Mischung zwischen Theorie, Inspiration und Transfer. Daher von mir 9 von 10 Punkten!
Wir alle sind begeistert von Ihrem Seminar. Vielen herzlichen Dank an Sie! Ich habe die ersten Impulse schon umgesetzt und ich spüre bereits erste Erfolge. Ich freue mich aufs weitere Ausprobieren…"
Further articles on the BarCamp and Open Space methods