In our training
- learn what it takes for efficient virtual teamwork
- we work with you to develop a custom-fit framework for smooth online collaboration(methods, tools, workflow processes, rules, best practice advice)
- we help with the realization and implementation
- and you learn how to lead remote teams particularly well
The challenges of virtual/remote teamwork
Trust: Usually grows slowly, but fades quickly (the more virtual, the faster!).
Reliability: Lack of knowledge about strengths and weaknesses of individual team members
Projections and misunderstandings: Rapid and high escalations due to little personal contact
Communication: The absence of “office chatter” means, as a consequence, “no direct channels” and an slow exchange of information.
That’s what virtual/remote teams need:
Awareness of the challenges and pitfalls – and how to “work around” them.
To compensate for the remote/virtual “handicap
Tools & Skills:
To systematize and facilitate virtual collaboration
Clear processes & agreements
… strengthen trust, facilitate cooperation, minimize frictions and information losses
Training and support:
Use tools skillfully, expand skills, practice “remote team leadership” and team development for remote/virtual teams.
Team development, consulting and coaching of virtual teams
Remote teams work with greater complexity than face-to-face teams. Among other things, meaningful compensatory measures are needed to overcome the disadvantages of physical distance. This is done by
- continuous building of team cohesion and trust
- clear agreements
- well-established processes
- reliable internal “delivery relationships” between team members,
- Development of a common mindset
- Implementation of target-oriented tools
Two essential levels are thus addressed here:
- Mindset, trust, good team leadership
- Tools, rules, procedures
Our approach for The team support of remote high performance teams
sensible task distribution
Provision of a“framework” for smooth virtual collaboration
Supplementary coaching for managers / team leaders has also proven to be particularly effective in ensuring sustainable team development .
The following measures have proven to be particularly effective for collaborative work in the virtual space:
Create an effective virtual workspace
A virtual workspace is a place where tasks can be coordinated and completed and where the connection to the team can be strengthened. We can help you with that,
- set up the virtual workspacethat best suits your needs
- ensure that the team actually usesit
- and we help to implement efficient work processes – tailored to your team, based on“best practices” from our numerous consulting projects
Important factors include:
- Effective work habits, such as reducing time spent on meetings and emails by setting up cloud-based asynchronous workspaces,
- stress reduction
- and inviting and enabling continuous innovation
In this phase we accompany the team with a mixture of training and group coaching.
Building trust and commitment
Good virtual leadership makes all the difference.
The mechanisms for building trust in virtual teams are very contextual and need constant improvement. Management control also does not work at a distance.
We help your team replace that control with accountability and motivation, making the work far more rewarding and productive.
Your benefits from our training/coaching:
- Insights into the opportunities, needs and vulnerabilities of your team
- Selection and implementation of the best tools for collaboration
- Virtual training in the use of the tools and to reframe collaboration and leadership.
- Clarification of responsibilities, roles and interfaces in virtual teams
- The importance and development of common guidelines and goals
- How to improve the overall collaboration and joint development of your virtual team
Additional services for team leaders & managers
Coaching for team leaders
to strengthen them in their new role as virtual leaders
Coaching of team members
on specific topics such as intercultural differences, conflicts of interest, trust, team roles, different working styles and personal preferences
Moderation of workshops, project kick-offs, mediation
with all the know-how of experienced organizational developers and change managers
Workshops for idea generation
… online, remote, activating, efficient.
Confidence in leading distributed teams… through better understanding of the (new) distributed team situation, the challenges and opportunities of distributed collaboration
Strengthened team spirit and togetherness… by deepening internal team relationships with the help of virtual team rooms and team rituals.
Efficient and functioning teamwork… through transparency and clearly agreed responsibilities, processes & interfaces.
Resolving conflicts and avoiding future escalations… through our targeted coaching of the team leader or manager
Free initial consultation
Not convinced yet? Test us with a free initial consultation:
- We discuss your challenge
- We will outline possible solutions
- We prepare a rough concept for a solution finding process
- Calculation of the costs included
Here you get all the information you need:
Our offer in training of interactive workshop methods
Are you looking for an in-house training? Do you need support in planning and implementation?
Thank you very much for your excellent training course. You triggered many thought processes in me!
It is impressive how you perceive the group dynamics and how you are able to spontaneously steer the group in a purposeful way towards further progress during the event. We all really appreciated that, and I personally did, too.
Your expertise scored 9.5 out of a possible 10, your delivery scored 8.8, and the learning climate scored 9.7. Top result!