Develop identity, working standards and values with sustainable mission statements and guiding principles!
Do you want to develop a shared identity or to bring about a change of behaviour on the inside? Do you need common working standards and a sound foundation of values for cooperation? Do you need an identity-generating framework for a shared vision and a clear strategy? Develop your corporate identity with ourworkshops for mission statements and guiding principles!
Development of mission statements and guiding principles with initio Consulting
A corporate mission statement defines thevalues and identity of a company inwardly (who are we/who do we want to be?) and outwardly (marketing for customers). It serves as a starting point and target for desired changes and provides orientation during stormy periods. A corporate mission statement describes “the nature of an organization” and provides answers for the following questions, among others:
- Wo are we?
(A question about identity and goals)
- Who benefits from us?
(A question about the market, customers and target groups)
- How do we want to work together?
(A question about management principles and the nature of cooperation)
- Which developmental requirements and fields of action result from this?
(A question about concrete implementation)
Updating mission statements and guiding principles
The updating of mission statements and guiding principles is also part of our service repertoire. Reasons for this may be restructuring, corporatetakeovers or strategic realignments. If customer relationships are to be reconsidered, quality standards are to be clarified or interfaces with relevant environments are to be reviewed, we are happy to help. Through the use of proven methods, we ensure that you achieve your goal.
Our approach to the development of mission statements and guiding principles
- Mission statements and guiding principles are particularly effective when they are embraced jointly. In this context, a “bottom-up” approach has proved very successful.
- Ideally, mission statements and guiding principles are therefore developed by the entire workforce or, depending on practicality and size of the company, by representative groups.
- The results are then reconciled with senior management and embeddedin a “rollout ” within the various areas and teams.
- Once valueshave been set out in a mission statement, they can be detrimental if management is unwilling to consistently safeguard compliance. In that case, the management’s credibility would be jeopardized. We therefore subject the formulated values to a “reality check” and suggest that any aspects whose “real life” viability are doubted by management are not published.
- Clarification of goals: what purpose should the mission statements and guiding principles serve? Mainly for outward representation or for inward orientation?
- Together with you, we identify the relevant stakeholder groups that should be involved in the process, so that the mission statement is later accepted and supported by all.
- We design a structured processwhich ensures that
- the relevant topics and fields of action for mission statements and guiding principles are identified,
- first usable drafts for the mission statement and guiding principles are formulated,
- all relevant stakeholders can participate, regardless of their function, position in the hierarchy or place of work.
- An editorial group prepares the final wording and presents the mission statement and guiding principles to the project group/executive board/management.
- As part of a reality check, we examine together with the management whether the formulated principles are “fit for daily business”.
- After publication, we recommend communication measures and workshops for the implementation of the mission statements and guiding principles in the respective company divisions, departments and teams.
- This serves to consolidate the message,
- increases the relevance and internal impact,
- embeds the developed values in the consciousness of the employees.
- A review at intervals of 2-3 years has proven to be useful in order to decide whether the mission statements and guiding principles are still relevant.
- High efficacy:The mission statements and guiding principles take real effect in the company/organization.
- Noticeably improved control capability:The formulated values have a high relevance and a high practical implementation value.
- Increased compliance:The values are anchored in the minds of executives and employees.
- Less re-delegation:Employees and executives can always rely on a stable foundation of values in tricky questions of day-to-day business.
Noch nicht überzeugt? Testen Sie uns in einem kostenfreien Erstgespräch:
- Wir wir erörtern gemeinsam Ihre Herausforderung
- Wir zeigen Lösungswege auf
- Bei weiterführendem Interesse erstellen wir ein Grob-Konzept
- Kalkulation der anfallenden Kosten
Hier bekommen Sie die Informationen, die Sie brauchen:
Unser Angebot in der Leitbildentwicklung
Sie brauchen Beratung bei der Leitbildentwicklung oder suchen nach erfahrener Unterstützung dabei?
Es war beeindruckend, wieviel bei unserem Workshop herausgekommen ist. Das war hervorragend!
Es ist schon beeindruckend, wie Sie die Gruppendynamik wahrnehmen und spontan für das weitere Vorgehen während der Veranstaltung zielführend lenken. Das hat uns allen und auch mir persönlich wirklich gut gefallen.
...ein sehr effizientes Verfahren, das uns wertvolle Einsichten und Resultate gebracht hat. Ich bin gespannt auf den weiteren Prozess.
In-depth articles on the development of mission statements and guiding principles